You keep you and your loved ones safe and secure
And we want to keep it that way.
You are resilient. But recent times have most likely challenged you like no other. Digital connectivity gives you the potential to unlock extraordinary knowledge, convenience and enjoyment but it comes with additional threats. We can help you protect against the challenges and realise the opportunities ahead.
Insurance coverage designed for you
We have created an all-in-one cyber insurance product to help individuals and families both insure and defend themselves against cyber threats.
Summary view of coverage
The coverages listed above are for summary purposes only and subject to policy terms and conditions
No one can prevent all cybercrime or prevent all identity theft. These days, identity theft protection, security tools and cyber insurance are important ways to help protect your family’s digital safety and financial wellness. Online fraud and compromised credentials can cost you money, heartache and time and you may need experts to help you respond and recover and clear your good name.
Cyberboxx Home Edition is eligible for non-commercial household use only.
Membership is billed annually. The price is subject to change and subject to terms and conditions.
Your plan may include product, service and/or protection updates and features that may be added, modified or removed. Special offer(s) may expire at any time at BOXX Insurance’s discretion.
If your plan includes credit monitoring features with Equifax ("Equifax"), your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. If either of the foregoing requirements are not met you will not receive credit monitoring features.
What is Cyberboxx Home Edition Insurance?
It is Insurance which covers you and your family against the effects of hacking, malware and cyber crime.
Who should benefit from becoming a Cyberboxx Home Edition member?
Everyone who has a computer or internet connected device. Everyone who makes purchases or banks online. Everyone who does anything online. In short, Everyone!
How do I become a Cyberboxx Home Edition member?
Cyberboxx Home Edition Insurance is currently available through a select group of partners. If you have any questions, feel free to contact BOXX at email@example.com
When will my Cyberboxx Home Edition coverage commence?
The cover takes effect immediately from the date of the coverage reflected on your policy certificate.
What documents will I receive after purchasing Cyberboxx Home Edition?
You will receive your Policy information from the partner you provided you with the membership.
What does Cyber Attack mean?
Means one of the following involving a Computing Device or Connected Home Device:
- Unauthorized Access or Use - meaning the gaining of access to Your Computing Device or Connected Home Device by an unauthorized person or persons or by an authorized person or persons for unauthorized purposes; or
- Malware Attack – meaning damage to Your Computing Device, Connected Home Device or data arising from malicious code, including viruses, worms, Trojans, spyware and keyloggers. This does not mean damage from shortcomings or mistakes in legitimate electronic code or damage from code installed on Your Computing Device or Connected Home Device during the manufacturing process
Note: Not all information can be retrieved during the restoration process and some data or personal information may be permanently lost. Restoration will be to the hardware and the software (licensed software, apps etc.). It is advised to back-up your computer on a regular basis to ensure that your information can be recovered and restored.
What does Cyber Extortion mean?
Cyber Extortion means:
A demand for money or other consideration based on a credible threat to damage, disable, deny access to or disseminate content from Your Computing Device, Connected Home Device or data; or
A demand for money or other consideration based on an offer to rest ore access or functionality in connection with an attack on Your Computing Device, Connected Home Device, or data.
What does Cyber Fraud mean?
Cyber Fraud means any of the following, when such event results in direct financial loss to an Insured:
- An Identity Theft;
- The unauthorized use of a card, card number or account number associated with a bank account or credit account issued to or registered in an Insured's name, when the Insured is legally liable for such use;
- The forgery or alteration of any cheque or negotiable instrument;
- Acceptance in good faith of counterfeit currency; or
- An intentional and criminal deception of an Insured to induce the Insured to part voluntarily with something of value.
What does Cyberbullying mean?
Means the following costs arising as a direct result of a Cyberbullying Event when incurred by You or another Insured within 12 months after the Cyberbullying Event:
- Costs for counseling from a licensed mental health professional for the victim of the Cyberbullying Event;
- Temporary relocation expenses;
- Temporary private tutoring;
- Enrollment expenses incurred due to relocation to a similar, alternate school, but enrollment expenses do not include tuition costs;
- Professional cybersecurity consultation services;
- Purchase of mobile applications, social monitoring software and web-based products when used to prevent further occurrence of Cyberbullying Events;
- Legal expenses, including legal expenses for the removal of online content related to the Cyberbullying Event; or Lost wages, childcare and eldercare expenses.
What does Data Breach mean?
Means the Loss, theft, accidental release or accidental publication of Personally Identifying Information as respects one or more Affected Individuals. At the time of the breach, such information must be in the care, custody or control of:
- You or another Insured; or
- A professional entity with whom You or another Insured have a contract and to whom You or another Insured have entrusted the information.
- As respects Data Breach coverage, if the date of the Data Breach as defined in a. above cannot be determined, such date shall be deemed to be the date You first become aware of the Loss, theft, release or publication of the Personally Identifying Information, provided that such date falls within the Policy Period.
1. Which devices are covered under Cyberboxx Home Edition?
All your home desk top computers, home routers, laptops, notebooks, tablets and mobile phones used mainly for personal purposes and belonging to you, your spouse or children residing with you. It includes the software, programs, your personal electronic data, digital photos, digital music and digital video stored on these devices.
Note: The policy does not cover digital data, digital photos and digital videos used in conjunction with your business, profession or trade.
2. Do I have to provide a list of all these devices for BOXX’s prior approval?
No. You do not need to provide a list of your personal devices.
Note: The policy does not cover any devices that are not owned by you but may be kept at your home, such as laptop owned by your business or the company you work for. This is the responsibility of your business or company and should be insured by them.
3. What is not covered under Personal Cyber Insurance?
- Financial loss that has been reimbursed by your bank, credit card issuing company or online merchant.
Any activities carried out by you for business or professional purposes.
Wear and tear and gradual deterioration or reduction in performance of your devices.
Any physical injury, sickness, disease disability, mental anguish and mental injury.
Note: A malware detected on your device does not constitute a loss, unless you have an actual financial loss or damage to your device.
4. Can I choose the amount of cover?
Yes. You can select the aggregate limit of coverage. The limit is the maximum amount BOXX will pay for all claims it accepts under the policy in total for the period of insurance, regardless of the number of claims. When we have paid the full limit, we will not pay any further amounts for any claim.
5. Is a Deductible applied to the Policy?
Yes, a deductible applies to your policy. Please refer to the Deductible section in the Policy Wording for additional information.
How do I make a claim?
If you have a cyber incident, please contact number the Hackbusters in the first instance.
What documents do I need to make a claim?
Depending on the claim you wish to submit: Completed claim form and:
- Cyber Fraud and Cyber Extortion: Police Report
- Cyber Fraud: All correspondence exchanged between you and the issuers of the plastic card, the bank or online merchant, where applicable.
- Identity Theft: Itemized bill showing breakdown of expenses.
- Cyber attack: Itemized repair bill
This policy is offered by BOXX Insurance and underwritten by [BI&I Ltd. This content is for reference only and is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the policy terms and conditions can be found in the policy contract.